Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

inspired

Y'all, I am so excited about that book that I've been reading, Love the Home You Have by Melissa Michaels.  First of all, she's a blogger.  And that's something I aspire to be.  And secondly because her story is so like my story that I see myself in all of her pages.

I have people tell me often that I should be a decorator.  I have NO qualifications for that, but I do have a huge heart for making my home a place that people not only love to come visit, but want to stay a while.  I love to look around my home and see my blood, sweat, and tears.  And I love to do life with my sweet family inside my walls.  I love opening my home for parties and showers and football watching.



I am hoping that as you're reading this, you're thinking the same thing about your home.  Because if there's one lesson I've learned in 7 houses, it's that a HOUSE does not make a HOME.  Your home is wherever your family is!  Your home is where your memories are made!  Your home is not a roof over your head.

I know this because with each move we made, I learned it.  Slowly.  God showed me that I should bloom where I was planted because each dwelling was a temporary place.  Don't wait a year to decorate those walls!  Do it now!  You never know how long you'll live in that house!

It seemed an unstable way to live.  And truthfully, it was.  But all those houses and all that moving taught us a lot of valuable things.  Like not getting too attached to the temporary.  And realizing that this world is not our home!  But that's for another post.

So today, I'd like to share with you my new vision for this blog.  I'd like to tell you my story.  It might be like your story!  Or it might help you avert a story like the one I've lived.  But either way, I hope it brings you hope and enjoyment.  And we'll decorate it all along the way.

Are you new here?  Even if you're not, you can follow along and not miss any of the fun by subscribing to this blog by email.  Over there on the right?  Just fill in your email and you're subscribed!  I PROMISE it won't send you spam.  Pinky promise.  I swear.  And if you get spam related to me and my blog, you can smack me the next time you see me.  But really, you can trust me when I say this.  Because I subscribe to a lot of blogs.  :)

Anyway, before my story begins, let me show you my front living room.  It's finally as complete as it's going to be for now.  Because I'm choosing to be content with the things I have.  Remember?


So there she is.  The red sofa that I'm SO OVER.  I'm ready to pitch her to the curb!  But thanks to Melissa Michaels, I'll be loving her for a while longer!  No no, I won't be going out to buy the cute white sofa and chairs from ikea that I so desperately want.  Nope, I'll be enjoying this view.  Which is a PERFECTLY FINE VIEW.  Yes!  Thank you Jesus for my red sofa!!

So, stick around.  I hope you'll be encouraged by my little ol' blog and my crazy kooky story.  It all begins in a little 850 square foot house......

No comments:

Post a Comment