Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

pin-worthy bedrooms


  I love Pinterest.  Don't you?

Now, let me say this: you have to use pinterest as an inspiration, not an obsession.  It's easy to look on there and compare your boring living room to the beautiful ones on the internet.  But what I say to you is: pin it!  And move on. Your pinterest boards should INSPIRE you, not make you feel worse about your life.  Okay?  Okay.

So I've been thinking of ways to make my daughter's room fun.



And then I came across these tidbits of inspiration from various sources.





THIS?  Is from Amycakes, here in little ol' Norman, Oklahoma.  They are not only delish, but OBVIOUSLY inspiring as well.



Cute, huh??  Well, I found these gold vinyl dots on Jane.com and when they came in the mail, I called up one of my favorite friends, who also has a beautiful home.  She's the real deal, y'all.  LOVE this lady.  She'll drop everything and come help you use the art side of your brain or just drink a cup of coffee.  Plus, she has a heart of gold.  Meet: Stephanie.

This was her "spotter" position.  She helped me find the blank spots and the crowded ones, too.  Plus, she helped me stick 'em all up.  She's versatile that way.  ;)

Now, are you ready for the fun?  I can't wait until I can show you a completed room in this house.  No literally.  CAN'T WAIT.

So just imagine here, the bed will be off center, closer to the right, while the nightstand will be to it's left.  This polka dotted space will be just that, a polka dotted space.  And the blank space will have a bed and art above!

But we couldn't just stop here!  I had more dots left!  I needed to scatter more gold love!  And that's when I ended up over here by her bathroom door, slappin' those girls up on the wall while Steph used her good decorating eyes.



ThankyouGodforfriendslikeStephanie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment