Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

happenings

Whew!  Do you know how many muscles it takes to paint a room?  Um, more than I ever imagined, let me tell you.  I feel like I've been run over by a train.  No, literally.  My legs hurt as badly as the day I (stupidly) "ran" the stadium steps at OU.

Dude.  Painful.  And WHO KNEW??  I guess going up the ladder and down the ladder, up the ladder and down the ladder, 50 times, is as good as a workout.  I won't complain another minute though because this is good for me.  And for my new house!  It's good for both of us.

So, wanna see the latest room?  I'll warn you ahead of time, it's the same color as my daughter's room.  The painter told us to buy 4 gallons of paint.  Which would be fine if you were using builder grade paint and needing 4 coats because her walls were purple.  But I didn't.  And they didn't.  I bought the best primer and paint in one that Sherwin-Williams sells.  And two coats was all she needed!  So, I was left with 2 extra gallons of paint!  What to do?  Well, we had a lavender room downstairs that we're using for a guest room.  I needed to paint it something and voila!  The perfect use for this fun color.  Again.  :)

Here is a before of the room:

And here is after:

Now of course, I need to remove the tape from above the window.  (snicker)  And add furniture and goodies to make it a home.  But that will have to wait until we actually move INTO the house.  Soon, dear reader, very soon.....

And I leave you today with this goodie.  After spying the beauty of my new kitchen table, I switched gears on my breakfast room.  Out with the drum shade light I was planning on hanging above my black table, and in with this beauty which will hang in our light filled room.

thank you world market for your beautiful chandelier.




No comments:

Post a Comment