Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

the fireplace begins

Well hello again!  Work is actually happening at our house today.  And when I use the term "today", I say it loosely.  Meaning: "tonight".  Have you ever heard of such a thing?  The contractors were MIA all day but TONIGHT, they showed up.  ThankyouJesustheycameatall.

I've got a fun wall treatment planned for Abby's room for tomorrow.  But tonight, since they are both painting (allegedly) AND hanging our wood beams in the living room, I thought it best to stay out.  Plus my trusty friend, Steph, was busy and couldn't help me.  So, tomorrow!  I will make fun and share.  Not to worry.

Now, I showed you the living room, yesterday, off the kitchen.  Did you see the fireplace?  Likely not.  The picture wasn't angled well for that.  So here it is.


This is the fireplace in it's pre-purchased glory.  There were dark curtains in the living room.  The walls (again) were mustard (a cute color several years back!).  And then there was that tile.  The one we can't escape.  

We purchased a stacked stone for the facing and travertine tiles for the floor.  Keep in mind that this is, like all things in the house, a work in progress.  We will seal the travertine to make it a more suitable color match with the stacked stone.  And the walls will soon be painted a light blue/gray.  WORK IN PROGRESS.


It seems so much brighter, right?  Well that's partly because the windows are now bare and open(!!) and the skylights have been opened as well!  Plus, the tile is lighter!  I'm loving where this is headed. You should also know that we plan to hang the tv above the fireplace.  I'm on the fence about whether I'm a fan of that concept yet or not.  But it WILL be visible from the kitchen, which keeps me from needing to put a tv in there, too.  And one less room with a tv in my house is a GOOD THING.

Can I get an amen?


1 comment: